The Senior Electrical Maintenance Engineer provides front line asset engineering support to the execution team running the asset with the aim of executing effective maintenance and repair activities and reports into the Operations Manager Offshore.
They should identify and provide cost effective engineering solutions to plant operations and maintenance problems.
Act as focal point for performance monitoring and troubleshooting of Electrical systems and identify opportunities to improve efficiency, improve reliability, and reduce operating costs.
They will be expected to provide qualified engineering advice and approval of small engineering change, maintenance deferrals, ORA's etc. as per the authorisation / approval levels dictated by Centrica E&P's engineering standards.
- Ensure that discipline specific engineering work (OPEX) remains within/below budget.
- Ensure delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work (OPEX) service.
- Engage and participate in any operational improvement process (HAZOPS / HAZIDS) to optimise discipline specific engineering (OPEX) support.
- Provide discipline support to the Maintenance Planning process.
- Provide discipline support to the review of PMRs within the SAP CMMS
- Provide recommendations for critical spares and optimise asset inventory.
- Represent Centrica as contract representative for asset support contracts.
- Act as liaison with other disciplines, vendor representatives, and manufacturers. Ensure vendor support is efficiently applied when required.
- Assist with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and equipment failure root cause analysis.
- Actively engage with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioural safety and intervention schemes, work to enhance communication and promote understanding of goals.
- Communicate discipline specific issues to operations management, advising both execution and support management in any engineering deviations to standards, performance standards or design conditions.
- Competent and familiar with all aspect of the Electrical Rules and Guidelines
- Ensure no discipline outstanding actions are overdue in Centrica systems (ICP, MyHSE etc)
- Participate in and perform duties as part of the local Emergency Response Team
- Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy.
- Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk. Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviours in line with Centrica's values at all times. Readily accepts accountability.
- Continuously develops ways of working by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders. Complies with project management disciplines, effectively utilises knowledge databases and actively participates in project reviews
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application
- Ability to work in a fast moving, customer focused environment whilst maintaining the highest ethical integrity.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across core crew and subcontractors.
- Ideally degree qualified, chartered Electrical Engineer. Would accept Incorporated Engineer with appropriate experience levels.
- Considerable relevant experience of the oil and gas industry, predominantly gained in an engineering and production operations environment.
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations.
- Familiarity with quality processes and the application of continuous improvement tools is desirable.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies