POSITION TITLE: Piping Engineer
LOCATION: Houston, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a petrochemicals facility is looking to hire a Piping Engineer on a direct hire basis.
- Provide technical input into the specification, design and installation of piping and piping systems related to relief and vent systems
- Review plant piping specifications and ensure that piping is fit for service
- Review plant piping specifications and compare with current industry recommended material specifications for the requisite service
- Evaluate piping systems with a view to identify possible flow limitations, flow induced vibration issues, corrosion or noise
- Design piping system including pipe runs, expansion bends, supports etc. and provide guidance to piping designers/draughters to develop the required isometrics
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- BSc. In Mechanical Engineering or similar with at least 12 years work experience in a related field
- Experience in Root Cause analysis as it relates to piping and welding failures
- Experience in oil and gas or petrochemical facilities