Embedded Software Developer
Location - Ringwood
Remuneration - Market Rates apply with Competitive
Overall Purpose of the Job:
This project requires an experienced embedded software developer to join a small team in support of their goal to deliver projects on-time and within budget. Reporting to the software team leader the role will cover the contribution to the full software life cycle, including creating high level and detailed designs, developing firmware components, and subsequent integration activities.
- Work with the software team leader to determine scope, planning and scheduling of software development tasks.
- Develop ideas, design, and code for software components used in the WWS range of products.
- Produce accurate and effective design documentation to support the implementation and test of system components.
- Ensure the development of efficient and accurate software components utilizing coding standards and best practises, to high levels of quality and maintainability in accordance with development methodology and release processes.
- Attend meetings relating to aspects of the business which require engineering contribution.
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of departmental and company processes and procedures.
- Work in a safe, responsible and cost effective manner, in full compliance with the company's safety manuals, Quality Assurance System and code of conduct.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- A degree in engineering, combined with practical experience of software development, specifically:
- Good knowledge of C/C++ in embedded systems
- Expertise in developing firmware for microcontrollers
- Experience of protocol design and implementation over one or more of the following; UART/RS485, USB, CAN, Ethernet/TCP/IP.
- Good knowledge of software design using UML
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently or as part of the wider engineering team
- Experience of modern software development methodologies & tools e.g. C++ patterns & meta-programming, static & unit test tools, scripting languages.
- Experience of small volume high value product development